Chameleon is an extremely user-friendly multipurpose cartridge that can be used without opening the computer. It is just plugged to the expansion port of the C64.
It can also be operated as a stand-alone unit (since it’s basically an FPGA computer like the C-One in a C64 cartridge case), replacing the computer, the floppy drive and the heavy power supply. A docking station providing 4 joystick ports and connectors for an Amiga or C-64 keyboard is available.
- Altera EP3C25 FPGA with 24624 LEs
- 16MiB Flash Memory, 32MiB RAM
- VGA connector
- MMC/SD card slot
- Connectors for PS/2 mouse, PS/2 keyboard and IEC bus via breakout cable
- Battery-backed real time clock (RTC)
- IR receiver for CDTV remote control.
- Connector for RR-Net (MK2 needs a patch to work in standalone mode).
- USB link to a PC for debugging and data transfer.
- The Quick Installation Guide that comes with the Chameleon.
- The Chameleon user manual from the above release.
- Deutsche Übersetzung des aktuellen Chameleon Benutzerhandbuchs.
- Docking station details
- Turbo Mode Benchmarks