Last updated on October 21st, 2023 at 04:35 am
Wings is a flight game by Cinemaware, released in 1990 for Commodore Amiga, later also ported for Game Boy Advance, 2002.
Wings by Cinemaware is a classic video game that has stood the test of time. The game was first released in 1990 and has since become a beloved classic among retro gaming enthusiasts.
Wings is an immersive and engaging game that puts you in the shoes of a World War I fighter pilot.
The game’s graphics may seem dated by today’s standards, but its gameplay is still just as engaging and challenging as ever.
The game is played from a first-person perspective, and the cockpit view shows your plane’s instruments and the surrounding landscape.
The sound effects are also incredibly realistic, with the roar of your engine and the rattle of your guns adding to the overall sense of intensity.
Wings is a marvel to behold built across an immense level design that can be enjoyed across multiple weeks.
The game’s immersive first-person perspective and realistic sound effects make it a game that is still worth playing today.
The game’s anti-war message is also noteworthy, as it shows the brutality and stupidity of war and its power to destroy the lives of all involved.
– Wings won the first-ever Oscar for Best Picture in 1929
– The game was remastered in 2014 with modernized graphics
– Wings was created by Cinemaware, a company that specialized in creating games that looked and played like movies
Wings by Cinemaware is a classic video game that has stood the test of time. Its engaging and challenging gameplay, immersive first-person perspective, and realistic sound effects make it a game that is still worth playing today.
Whether you’re a fan of retro gaming or just looking for a fun and immersive experience, Wings is a game that should not be missed.
Wings features various kind of gameplay: 3D dogfights, bombing missions, and scrolling strafing sections.
With “Wings! Remastered Edition” Cinemaware brings you back to an experience full of blasting action, drama and emotions. Get your Sopwith Camel started and dive deep into this amazing story of a WWI combat pilot’s life experience.
Fight your foes in one-on-one air combat, bomb enemy installations and strafe enemy supply lines!
- Experience a dramatic World War I storyline from the perspective of a combat pilot unveiling right before your eyes!
- Re-live the horrors and glories of the 56th Squadron as it strives to survive to the end of the war
- Dogfight, bomb & strafe enemies in a variety of dramatic missions!
- Play through over 230 diverse missions taking place between 1916 and 1918
- Enjoy a completely re-scored orchestral soundtrack by Sound of Games, the leading game music production team!
WINGS BY CINEMAWARE REMAKE FOR GAMEBOY ADVANCE ,
YOU CAN RUN IT INTO EMULATOR ,
WE SUGGEST VISUAL BOY ADVANCE
DOWNLOAD THE EMULATOR + THE ROM (eMule) :
This is a technically very heavy strafing level: a huge train with lots of AA-guns attached, tons of trees and rain – windowed. A true worst-case level regarding performance on that crappy Radeon 9250 (which delivers worse than the RadeonM inside the sam440ep).
There are still optimizations left, but as you can see we’re on the safe side already.