Last updated on September 9th, 2023 at 09:30 am
Colosseum is a classic action game that offers a fun and challenging experience for fans of the genre.
The game features simple but addictive gameplay, with the player controlling a gladiator who must fight his way through various arenas while avoiding obstacles and enemies.
The game’s graphics are pixelated but charming, and the soundtrack is catchy and memorable.
The game’s difficulty ramps up quickly, providing a satisfying challenge for more experienced players. One unique aspect of the game is that it includes a two-player mode, allowing players to compete against each other.
Overall, Colosseum is a solid title that is sure to please fans of classic action games.
############Curiosities about the game
- The game was developed by Topo Soft, a Spanish software house for 8-bit home computers
- The game was released in 1988 for various platforms, including the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, and Amstrad CPC
- The game’s graphics and sound design are well-regarded, with colorful and detailed graphics and a catchy soundtrack[
- The game’s two-player mode is a unique feature that adds replayability to the game
- The game has received positive reviews for its fun gameplay, great graphics and sound, and originality
Progress: 80 %
Features: Make an updated version of the classic maintaining the essence of the original but using 3D technologies.
Colosseum (Topo) (1988)
Original Screenshot (Amstrad)
Benurio, a merchant’s son, has fallen foul of the wicked Nerio, chief of the Emperor’s Praetorian Guard. Both men are trying to win the affection of the beautiful Calia – but the unscrupulous Nerio has denounced Benurio and forced him to race in the Circus Maximus. However, chariot racing is a rough business and the other participants will try to kill you before the end of the race…
GAMEPLAY : You must complete four very hazardous races in each of which you’ll have to complete four laps, avoiding the obstacles and fighting off your opponents. They carry weapons of increasing deadliness with which they’ll try to reduce your energy.
Move ther chariot with direction keys, push space and up o down, to use the weapon.