Last updated on September 12th, 2023 at 09:31 am
DataJack is an upcoming 2D cyberpunk stealth action / RPG game which has been under development for four years.
Set in the year 2030, following the collapse of nation states, the world of DataJack is run by megacorporations who recognize no rule of law beyond sheer military force. The game follows the career of a corporate mercenary who hires out his abilities as assassin, hacker and gunslinger to the highest bidder.
Music is being provided by the ever-funky Apel and we may eventually release the soundtrack as a separate download.
In the not-too-distant future, governments have dissolved and powerful mega-corporations wage covert wars for territory and the control of information. As a freelance mercenary, you will conduct sabotage, assassinations, espionage and ambushes on their behalf to line your pockets and pay for top-of-the-line weapons and cybernetic limbs. Will you side with the corporations, the private military, or perhaps with the radical anarchist youth hacker gang in an attempt to bring down the entire corrupt system?
- 28 unique, modifiable weapons: from crude shotguns to railguns
- Gadgets including remote explosives, EMP grenades, shurikens, and more
- Three factions and three different endings
- Cybernetic limbs and implants which give stat bonuses
- Guard AI which investigates, engages and pursues suspicious persons (you)
- Isometric pixel art graphics
- Destructible walls and terrain
- 30 planned missions