Last updated on October 13th, 2023 at 12:15 pm
Action Replay is the brand name of a series of devices created by Datel Electronics , primarily used for changing the behavior of video games, but also for other kind of services .
- Infinite lives, invulnerability, permanent power ups, no collision detection, walk through walls, one hit kills, super-high jumps, infinite money etc.
- Obtain any item in the game, even those not normally obtainable (e.g. debug or removed items).
- Access or warp to any level, even those not normally accessible (e.g. test or unused levels).
- Activate debug menus, normally used by programmers when testing and debugging a game. Typically options include cheats, level warping and display of internal game data not normally viewable by the player.
- Download, upload, import and export save games to the Internet or storage device.
- Save game state to disk, so it can be restarted from that point even if the game does not support saving.
- Region-free operation.
- Loading of third party homebrew applications/games, not backup copies of retail games.
- Commodore 64:
- Action Replay
- Action Replay MK II
- Action Replay MK III
- Action Replay MK IV (1988)
- Action Replay MK V (1989)
- Action Replay MK VI
- Commodore Amiga
- Action Replay (A500 cart / A2000 CPU card)
- Action Replay (A1200 card)
- Action Replay MK II (A500 cart / A2000 CPU card)
- Action Replay MK III (A500 cart / A2000 CPU card) (1991)
We’ve reloaded here some info only about these two versions :
MK VI for CBM64
and MK III for Amiga 500
Action Replay MK CBM Reverse Engineering
AMIGA 500 ACTION REPLAY MK3 ENCRYPTION :
DISK BASED INSTRUCTIONS
appear as meaningless characters whereas a file from a word-processor may have
extra characters which are control codes for text formatting. The path and filename are
as the DELETE instruction.
P.ODF (drive) (r.nrie nnmher)
This is another rather complex encryption tool that to get fully to grips with will take some experimentation before you will fully understand it. (drive) is the drive number 0-4 and (code number) is a value in the range 0-165535. The easiest way to show you how to use this feature is by example.
will have the effect of en-coding all disk writes to drive so that they can only be read in future by setting the drive code to 3. All reads from this drive will also be de-coded using this number so normal files will be read as corrupt data. For example the following
(remove encryption from drive 0)
(save a frozen file to disk)
(en-code disk with number 3)
(re-load the frozen file)
will load a corrupt file as a different code has been used to load (3) as that used to save (none). The instruction
will display all the en-coded drives and an encryption number. Note that this number will not be the same as that entered, and whether the drive is protected or not e.g. the status after the previous command would be as follows.
ACTION REPLAY DISK CODER V1 .1
DRIVEO CODE:00000005 PRO protected
DRIVE) CODE.00000000 NORMAI
DISK BASED INSTRUCTIONS
DRIVE2 CODE:00000000 NORMAL
DRIVE3 CODE:00000000 NORMAL
DRIVE4 CODE:00000000 NORMAL
The code of 5 will always correspond to the entered number 3! This is the same for all codes. PLEASE use this feature with care, we would hate you to save your most precious files and forget the code number! The Diskcode values can also be viewed from F3 preference screen.
C OnFP,OPY (source) (destination)
This is used in conjunction with the CODE instruction. It will de-code all data from the source drive using the code number then encode all the data g° in 9 t0 the destination drive using its number. You may use this feature for encoding or de-coding entire disks.
ACTION REPLAY MK VI FOR CBM64
Action Replay Mk VI Roms
To activate it just load the .crt file from WinVice Interface
ACTION REPLAY MK III FOR AMIGA
Action Replay Mk III Manual
-To activate it , once rom is loaded in Winuae Settings ,
just press Page Up button on your right ,
then press Page Down for a list of commands .
Action Replay Hackers Ethic Rom