Last updated on September 7th, 2023 at 12:49 pm
The Great Giana Sisters is a 1987 platform game developed by German studio Time Warp Productions and published by Rainbow Arts. The game heavily borrows elements from Nintendo’s Super Mario Bros. (1985), which led to production being stopped shortly after release, but it later inspired a number of sequels. The game is available on various platforms, including Commodore 64, DOS, and arcade machines.
The Great Giana Sisters is a classic platform game that is still enjoyable to play today. The game’s graphics and sound are good for the time, and the gameplay is challenging and engaging. The game’s use of a 2D side-scrolling arcade game style, similar to Super Mario Bros., adds a unique perspective to the gameplay.
The game’s controls are easy to learn, and the game is accessible to players of all skill levels. The game’s difficulty ramps up as the player progresses, with more challenging enemies and obstacles. The game’s dream crystals, which give points to make the game’s high score, add an extra layer of challenge.
Overall, The Great Giana Sisters is a great game that is worth playing for its historical significance and enjoyable gameplay.
– The game’s scroll screen melody was composed by Chris Huelsbeck and is a popular Commodore 64 soundtrack.
– The game heavily borrows elements from Nintendo’s Super Mario Bros. (1985), which led to production being stopped shortly after release, but it later inspired a number of sequels.
– The game is available on various platforms, including Commodore 64, DOS, and arcade machines.
– The game’s dream crystals, which give points to make the game’s high score, add an extra layer of challenge.
– The game has a dedicated fan base, with some fans creating custom levels and graphics for the game.
Overall, The Great Giana Sisters is a classic game that is still enjoyable to play today. The game’s historical significance and engaging gameplay make it a must-play for fans of retro games.
About Giana’s Return
Giana’s Return aims to be a worthy UNOFFICIAL sequel of “The Great Giana Sisters”. There is an official sequel for Nintendo DS named “Giana Sisters DS” ( http://www.giana-sisters.com/ ) and also has slightly more levels than Giana’s Return. In other words, it’s worth the money
It’s very important to us, that you don’t mix up both projects – Giana’s Return is UNOFFICIAL and FREE – Giana Sisters DS is OFFICIAL and COMMERCIAL.
Posted January 1, 2010 on 12:00 am by Gianas-Return Team
Download Giana’s Return
Hello, we are glad you found this page! Here we provide you with all the latest versions of Giana’s Return. Enjoy!
Status: Runs stable
– DirectX compatible
– 32ch CD-quality music
– Highcolor gfx (with transparency effects)
– Hard-Sid hardware support
– Lots of levels (far more then in previos versions)
– Runs in 85fps on P200MMX+
– Extensive MMX support
– Joystick/Gamepad support
International downloaders may want to download the selfextract version: GianaWorlds08.exe (4826kb)
German downloaders and publishers may want to download a selfextract version that extracts an installshield version from where you can do a clean in/uninstall. You can use this version if you want to burn it on CD or just want a complete installable version: GiantWorldsInstaller.exe (6034kb)
Please note that the original “The Great Giana Sisters” game has been developed by Armin Gessert and is a registered trademark of Spellbound Entertainment AG. Giana Worlds is a freeware game based on “The Great Giana Sisters” and is published with permission from Armin Gessert.