Last updated on December 1st, 2023 at 04:05 pm
Impossible Mission is a classic video game that was originally released for the Commodore 64 in 1984.
The game features a variety of gameplay mechanics from platform and adventure games, and includes digitized speech. Impossible Mission, which casts the player in the role of a secret agent infiltrating an enemy stronghold, is widely considered one of the best games for several platforms.
– The game is a platformer with puzzle elements, where the player must navigate through a series of rooms to find and destroy a set of computer terminals.
– The game features a unique password system that allows players to save their progress and continue playing at a later time.
– The game’s difficulty is well-balanced, with challenging puzzles and platforming sections that require precise timing and skill.
Graphics and Sound:
– The game’s graphics are impressive for its time, with detailed character animations and well-designed environments.
– The game’s sound design is also noteworthy, with digitized speech that adds to the game’s immersive atmosphere.
– In March 1985, Computer & Video Games rated the Commodore 64 version 38 out of 40 and awarded it Game of the Month.
– The game has since been ported to several other platforms, including the Amiga, where it received positive reviews and was praised for its improved graphics and sound.
Overall, Impossible Mission is a classic video game that still holds up today. Its unique blend of platforming and puzzle-solving, combined with its impressive graphics and sound, make it a must-play for fans of retro gaming.