Last updated on September 10th, 2023 at 06:34 am
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for C64, Amiga, Spectrum, and Amstrad, including gameplay, story, and curiosities
– He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a gauntlet-style shoot ’em up game
– The game features side-scrolling action and allows players to control He-Man as he battles enemies and bosses
– The game also features power-ups and special abilities that can be used to defeat enemies
– The gameplay is considered repetitive and lacks variety
– He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is based on the popular animated TV series of the same name
– The game follows He-Man as he battles Skeletor and his minions to save the kingdom of Eternia
– The story is simple and straightforward, with little depth or complexity
– The game was released for several platforms, including C64, Amiga, Spectrum, and Amstrad
– The Commodore 64 version of the game was developed by Adventure Soft and distributed by U.S. Gold. It was also known as Masters of the Universe: The Ilearth Stone
– The Amiga version of the game was developed by Gremlin Graphics and released in 1987
– The ZX Spectrum version of the game was also developed by Gremlin Graphics and released in 1987
– The game is considered a mediocre and forgettable licensed game
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe is a gauntlet-style shoot ’em up game based on the popular animated TV series.
The game features side-scrolling action and allows players to control He-Man as he battles enemies and bosses.
The story is simple and straightforward, with little depth or complexity.
The game was released for several platforms, including C64, Amiga, Spectrum, and Amstrad, but is considered a mediocre and forgettable licensed game.
He-Man, Man-At-Arms, BattleCat, Sorceress, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, She-Ra , Ram-Man , Teela and Lion-O are playable now.
Characters requests or special moves requests are welcomed especially now when i’m creating characters and figuring out all animations and special moves.
Archive contains openbor engine to run the game, exe is for windows and apk file is for android.It is possible to play on other platforms like Linux, Mac or Wii, because engine is ported to many different platforms.
Windows version is ready to play, just run openbor exe and it will play he-man.pak file inside a paks folder.
Android APK version neeeds to be installed on android device first.
You need at least 1.5ghz device or dualcore like galaxy s2 to play the game, its in 960×480 resolution and older phones cant handle it (first galaxy i9000 cant) and gameplay is choppy , skipping frames and overall not that enjoyable.
After installation you should run openbor engine once to create all required folders on sdcard, then exit openbor (it wont run the game cause all data is inside of pak file)
Move pak files from paks folder of the archive to paks folder in openbor folder on your sdcard, then move touch.txt to saves folder which is in openbor folder.Touch.txt is config file to display touch buttons on android but it’s not required, it’s to place buttons where you like them to be.
Now if you have he-man pak in paks folder then you can run openbor again and it should work, i tested it many times on my phone.
Linux,Mac and Wii versions are in their own folders, you need to move he-man.pak to paks folder after you install them because pak file contains all game data.
Game is also playable on other platforms, just download latest archive from here, it has all other platforms , then just move he-man.pak to paks folder.
Some sprite animations can be seen on http://bwwd.deviantart.com/gallery/
More recent info: