Last updated on September 7th, 2023 at 10:22 am
Road Fighter is a racing game that was released for the MSX home computer in 1985.
Road Fighter is a simple yet entertaining racing game that is worth playing for fans of classic games. The graphics are colorful and well done for the time, and the sound effects and music are decent. The gameplay is straightforward, with the player controlling a car as it races through various courses while avoiding obstacles and other cars. The game’s difficulty ramps up quickly, making it challenging but not frustrating. Overall, Road Fighter is a fun and engaging game that is worth checking out.
– Road Fighter was developed by Konami, one of the most prolific MSX developers.
– The game was released for multiple platforms, including the MSX, Nintendo Entertainment System, and mobile devices.
– Road Fighter received mixed reviews upon release, with some critics praising its simple yet addictive gameplay, while others criticized its lack of depth and variety.
– The game has a cult following and has been referenced in popular culture, including in the TV series Stranger Things.
– Road Fighter was followed by a sequel, Road Fighter II, which was released in 1992 for the MSX2.
If you’re a fan of classic racing games, Road Fighter is worth checking out. Whether you’re playing it for the first time or revisiting it after many years, the game is sure to provide hours of fun and entertainment.
Now available MSX Road Fighter Remake , original videogame by Konami
This is the unofficial remake of Konami’s ROAD FIGHTER which was originally released in 1985 for the MSX home computer systems.
Making sure that Konami won’t sue us, we are telling you that we are not related to Konami in any way except for liking their excellent games.
Also, this is a not-for-profit remake. So, we don’t get any money from remaking this or any other Konami titles.
— CREDITS —
Programming: Santi Ontañón
Graphics: Miikka Poikela
Music/SFX: Jorrith Schaap
Beta Testing: Jason Eames, Miika Poikela, Jorrith Schaap, Santi Ontañón