Last updated on September 3rd, 2023 at 10:12 am
R-Type is a classic side-scrolling shoot ’em up game that was first released in 1987.
– The graphics in R-Type are excellent, with detailed and well-designed sprites and backgrounds. The game features a variety of enemies and bosses, each with their own unique design and attack patterns.
– The game’s visuals are also very atmospheric, with a dark and foreboding sci-fi setting that adds to the overall experience.
– The sound in R-Type is also excellent, with a memorable and catchy soundtrack that perfectly complements the game’s visuals and gameplay.
– The sound effects are also well-done, with satisfying explosions and weapon sounds that add to the game’s intensity.
– The gameplay in R-Type is challenging but rewarding. The game features a variety of power-ups and weapons that can be collected to upgrade your ship, and the levels are well-designed with a good mix of enemies and obstacles.
– The game’s difficulty is well-balanced, with a gradual increase in challenge as you progress through the levels. The game also features a variety of bosses that require different strategies to defeat.
– The game’s controls are tight and responsive, which is essential for a game of this type.
Overall, R-Type is a classic shoot ’em up game that is well worth playing for fans of the genre. The game’s graphics and sound are excellent, and the gameplay is challenging but rewarding. The game’s sci-fi setting and variety of enemies and bosses add to the overall experience, making it a must-play for fans of classic arcade-style games.
Prototype pits you against a horde of enemies in this short but fun RType clone.
Prototype has been featured in numerous magazines and even was awarded “Freeware Game of the month” in PC Zone
It was also awarded first place in the first shmup-dev competition.