Last updated on September 9th, 2023 at 04:34 pm
2064: Read Only Memories is a cyberpunk point-and-click adventure game that has received mixed reviews from critics.
– The game offers an excellent story that’s set within an intriguing world
– The writing is entertaining and engaging, if overly-technical at times
– The game tackles weighty themes like what it means to be human and social inequality
– The game features a cast of memorable characters and some spot-on voice acting
– The game has a great atmosphere and music
– The game is held back by some poor design choices
– The game’s heavy-handed, politically-charged plot forces down your throat without subtlety
– The game lacks thematic substance or technical challenge
– The game has an awful lot of dialogue, which may not be for everyone
– The game lacks player involvement and engaging gameplay ideas
Overall, 2064: Read Only Memories is a game that is primarily focused on narrative and character development. The game’s heavy focus on story over gameplay may not be for everyone, but it offers a unique and engaging cyberpunk world that is worth exploring. The game’s writing, atmosphere, and music are its strongest points, while its lack of player involvement and engaging gameplay ideas are its biggest drawbacks. If you’re a fan of the cyberpunk genre and enjoy story-driven games, then 2064: Read Only Memories is worth checking out.