Last updated on September 23rd, 2023 at 09:43 am
Earok strikes back with Road Avenger ported for AMIGA CD32, a Laser Disc game from its original source known as “Road Blaster” or “Vehicular Homicide Hero”.
Road Avenger is a classic arcade game that was originally released in 1985 as a laserdisc-based arcade game.
- The Amiga version of Road Avenger is a port of the classic arcade game that was released by ReImagine Games
- The game features stunning HAM graphics on all versions, including for OCS, and enhanced sound effects
- The gameplay is fast-paced and action-packed, with players taking on the role of a vigilante who must chase down and destroy a gang of criminals
- The game is a LaserDisc racer that features a lot of high-speed action and challenging gameplay
- The Amiga version of Road Avenger is a faithful port of the arcade game, with well-drawn graphics and smooth animation
- The game has been ported to a variety of home formats, including the MSX, Sharp X1, Sega CD, LaserActive, PlayStation, and Sega Saturn
- The game was originally released in Japan under the title Road Blaster, but was released outside of Japan under the titles Road Avenger and Road Prosecutor
Road Avenger is a classic arcade game that has been well-received on various platforms, including the Amiga.
The game features stunning graphics, enhanced sound effects, and fast-paced gameplay. The Amiga version is a faithful port of the arcade game, with well-drawn graphics and smooth animation.
It looks nicer than the Sega CD version in HAM video (converted from a LaserDisc rip) since IIRC the Sega CD can only play back video in 16 colours.
Players assume the role of an angry cop on a wild ride as he pursues a gang of bikers who killed his wife. Players need to race through oncoming traffic, squeeze between trucks, trash motorcycles and steer through lots of explosions. The only thing needed are quick reflexes to follow the instructions on the screen (with an increasing difficulty) in order to keep the animation going.
The action is shown from a first-person view and fast-paced, while still maintaining smooth and detailed anime drawn graphics.
OCS Edition HDD
Recommended for A500 / A600 / A1000 / A2000 / A3000 with 500MB of free space on HDD and 2MB of RAM (Chip + Fast).
SCO CD / CD32 Edition
Other Standard CD32 gold A500 / A600 / A1000 / A2000 / A3000 with a CDROM to 2x speed and 2MB of RAM (Chip + Fast).
AGA HDD Edition (HAM8)
Recommended for A1200 / A4000 / CD32 improved (SX-32, TF etc.) with 600 MB of free space on HDD.
AGA Edition CD (HAM8)
Recommended for A1200 / A4000 with 4x speed CDROM. Should not work on CD32