Last updated on September 15th, 2023 at 02:43 pm
Runemaster was a planned role-playing video game developed by Paradox Development Studio.
Formerly known as Project Nero, the game-story was to be based on Norse mythology,
and the game was set to feature generated content. The Clausewitz Engine was planned to be used in the game, the first time it had been used for anything except a strategy game.
– There is not much information available about the story of “Runemaster,” as the game was never released.
– However, based on a post on MMO-Champion, the game was going to feature a new class called the “Runemaster,” which was described as a monk-like arcane spellcaster and melee fighter who empowered themselves with magical energies by inscribing runes onto their bodies.
– The game was also going to feature custom-made maps, which were described as a whole new game that people missed.
– Runemaster was never released, and there is no official information available about why the game was canceled.
– According to a post on the Lost Media Wiki, “Runemaster” was also the name of an unreleased Famicom role-playing game that was in development from 1988 to 1991. The game was being developed by a company called Human Entertainment, but it was never released, and the only known footage of the game is a short clip that was shown on a Japanese TV show in 1991.
– There is a video available on YouTube that shows leaked footage of “Runemaster” version 0.9.2, which was apparently a pre-alpha build of the game. The video shows the player character fighting an exiled mage and using various spells and abilities.
Runemaster is an unreleased game that was in development by Last Epoch.
The game was going to feature a new class called the “Runemaster,” which was described as a monk-like arcane spellcaster and melee fighter who empowered themselves with magical energies by inscribing runes onto their bodies.
There is not much information available about the story of the game, and it was never released, so the reasons for its cancellation are unknown.
However, there is leaked footage available on YouTube that shows the player character fighting an exiled mage and using various spells and abilities.
Runemaster is a tactical RPG set in a fantasy realm based in the rich, majestic traditions of Norse mythology, casting each player in the role of a unique champion in a time of chaotic upheaval. Procedural maps and quests will ensure that no two playthroughs are identical, allowing players to tell a saga that is uniquely their own. Explore vast vistas through the six worlds of Norse myth, command troops in tactical combat, and define your champion through the choices they make.
I have some news to share with you today regarding Runemaster. After much internal debate we have made the decision to freeze development of the project until further notice and move the development team working on it to other projects within Paradox Development Studio.
This was not an easy decision to make – Runemaster was a very ambitious project for us, and the team working on it brought all of their passion, dedication, and talent to the table. Despite our best efforts and a couple of re-scopes, Runemaster in its current form was unable to live up to the standards we set for ourselves here at Paradox.
Runemaster was a different type of game for us, and even though we were not able to fully realize our vision for it, we will take the lessons we learned to heart as we move forward with new endeavors. We will also look into how we can re-use the best parts of the game in other ways.
Our aim is to let all the talented developers who worked on the project to remain with Paradox Development Studio and bring their expertise to the other great games currently in development.
Susana Meza Graham
COO Paradox Interactive