Last updated on September 19th, 2023 at 11:05 am
Space: 1999 is a British science-fiction television series that ran for two seasons and originally aired from 1975 to 1977.In the opening episode, nuclear waste from Earth, which was stored on the Moon’s far side, explodes in a catastrophic accident on 13 September 1999, knocking the Moon out of orbit and sending it, and the 311 inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha, hurtling uncontrollably into space. The series was the last production by the partnership of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and was the most expensive series produced for British television up to that time.
Featuring real time isometric 3D (for the first time ever on an Oric), high definition soundtrack and sound effects, full length intro sequence, and advanced gameplay. Space 1999 allows you to control your favourite characters from the tv hit series in an exclusive and original adventure.
Space 1999 is a game based on the British science fiction television series of the same name. The game was released for the Amiga 500 in 1988 and was developed by Angelsoft. Here are some details about the game:
- Space 1999 is a point-and-click adventure game that follows the plot of the television series. Players take on the role of Commander John Koenig as he leads the crew of Moonbase Alpha on a series of missions.
- The game features a variety of puzzles that players must solve in order to progress through the game. These puzzles range from simple inventory-based puzzles to more complex logic puzzles.
- The game’s graphics and sound are impressive for the time, with detailed character designs and a great soundtrack that captures the spirit of the television series.
- One interesting aspect of the game is that it was one of the first adventure games to use digitized speech. This was a significant achievement at the time and helped to make the game stand out from other adventure games of the era.
- The game has been well-received by fans of the television series, who appreciate its faithful adaptation of the show’s plot and characters.
Space 1999 is a classic adventure game that is still enjoyable to play today. With its challenging puzzles, great graphics and sound, and faithful adaptation of the television series’ plot and characters, it’s a game that is sure to appeal to fans of the genre and the show.
You can download the current version of the game here:
Each archive contains the complete game in DSK format (microdisk compatible emulator file format), the maps of moon base alpha, the user manual and a read-me file.