Last updated on September 26th, 2023 at 10:05 am
Russian indie studio Winged Doom has released a mock-up trailer for a new retro-styled cyberpunk project titled Stealer which is currently in the very early stages of development.
According to its developer, the footage — which lacks scenes with gameplay— is described as a promotional video and an experiment to create a “living world.”
Stealer is a game designed by Anton Semenov, a Russian illustrator and digital artist known for his dark fantasy art.
- There is limited information available about the game Stealer, and it is unclear what type of game it is or what platform it is available on.
- Anton Semenov is known for his dark and surreal artwork, which often features nightmarish creatures and unsettling imagery.
- Semenov has a background in design and illustration, and has experimented with countless techniques in his work.
- His artwork has been featured in various publications and websites, including ArtStation, Envato Tuts+, and Displate Blog.
- Semenov’s style has been described as bordering on surrealism, and he often incorporates personal themes and experiences into his work.
Overall, while there is not much information available about the game Stealer, it is clear that Anton Semenov’s unique and unsettling style is likely to be a prominent feature of the game.
“Will it be a game in final? I do not know, [I’m] groping in dark,” reads the latest blog post from designer Anton Semenov.
“The only thing I can be sure that I want to create a living world. If I fail with gameplay or will not justify expectations of people who saw movie and say ‘wow!’ I’m not too upset. My main goal extract this world from head to virtual reality. And gameplay resources for this purpose is ideal.”
Winged Doom is currently working to fund a Zelda-influenced retro game titled Journey to Hamerdale.
Development progress can be viewed here while those interested can donate to the project via PayPal.