Last updated on September 10th, 2023 at 03:10 pm
Arkanoid is a classic arcade game that was released in 1986. It is essentially an evolution of a 1980s game called Breakout, which goal was keeping track, with a platform, of a bouncing ball and use it for breaking bricks.
- Arkanoid was developed by Taito, the same company that created Space Invaders.
- The game was originally released in arcades and later ported to various home consoles and computers.
- The game’s plot involves a spaceship called Vaus that must destroy the blocks that are in its way to reach the end of each level.
- The game features power-ups that can help the player, such as a laser gun, a larger Vaus, and a catch ability that allows the player to catch the ball and shoot it again.
- Arkanoid has been remade and re-released several times, including a recent version called Arkanoid: Eternal Battle.
Arkanoid is a classic arcade game that has stood the test of time. The game is simple to play but difficult to master, and it can be incredibly addictive. The graphics and sound are basic but effective, and the gameplay is smooth and responsive. The power-ups add an extra layer of strategy to the game, and they can be the difference between success and failure. The game’s difficulty ramps up quickly, but it never feels unfair. Overall, Arkanoid is a great game that is well worth playing, especially if you enjoy classic arcade games.