<Vega Strike is an OpenSource 3d Space Simulator created by the legendary Aqualime’s programmer Mamiya Otaru.
Both engine and data are in a playable state, but still under development. Each release serves as a beta for both engine and data.
The Vega Strike engine serves as the foundation for the Privateer Gemini Gold, Privateer Remake, Vega Trek, and Pi Armada projects, whose websites can be reached via the sidebar to the right.
The project goal is, at version 1.0, is to be a generic space simulator. Currently developed features include:
- Plenty of shoot ’em up action
- Preliminary multiplayer Deathmatch (testing server only)
The Game: Vega Strike: Upon the Coldest Sea
- As you play, you will see that several species and numerous political entities are present in the game, and they do not all co-exist peacefully. With the invasion of the Union of Dispossessed Colonists,a lesser political entity, the brink of war has been reached between the human dominated
Confederation of Inhabited Worlds
- and the
- even as the border between the
- and the Aera still smolders under a long, tense cease-fire that has failed to become a peace.
- Some player character backstory can be found here: Deucalion’s Monologue: (A Dead Man’s Ship)
- The Vega Strike Wiki Database contains many entries on the ships, species, and factions found in the VS universe, and is a good starting point for those interested in exploring backstory. The Wiki Database is, however, still a work in progress. Many entries are minimal or in need of significant editing. However, it’s still the best (non-developer/non-spoiler-filled) source of information on the VS universe and entities therein.