Revisit the Amiga classic and it’s timeless gameplay, but this time with brand new, amazing graphics and sound effects!
Giana Sisters Special Edition is an unofficial hack of the original Amiga version that replaces the entire visual aspect of the game! The new gfx are either completely new designs or remastered originals, while Giana and some enemies are directly inspired from the 2009 DS version.
Featuring over 200 new tiles and frames of animation, new palettes for each level, cosmetic level edits, a revised scrolling title screen, new logo, splash screen and icon, replacements for many of the original sound effects and a new intro ported from the DS version.
This project is the first release of our new label Reimagine Games, which is focused on non commercial ports, hacks and remakes.
- Project name: Giana Sisters S.E.
- Label: Reimagine
- Project status: Released! (v1.0)
- Release status: Available for free!
- Target platforms: All 68k Amigas
The game is built on the WHDLoad disk image of the original 1988 version and will run on any 68k Amiga with:
- 512 KB of free (not total) ChipMem.
- Optionally, +890KB to preload.
- 2.0 Kickstart.
- 2.3 MB of free HD space.
The Intro is designed to playback on any Amiga with at least 1MB RAM (will be skipped if the requirements are not met) and will auto detect your chipset. If you have an AGA chipset the Intro will display in 256 colours, otherwise it will display in EHB 64 colours.
Floppy disk version
The floppy disk version should run on any Amiga (even unexpanded A500 with 512kb). However, the optional intro disk requires 1MB of RAM and it will display EHB 64 colours only regardless of your chipset. This version comes in 2 adfs: Intro and Main game. Note that the game itself can be started from either of those 2 disks.
UAE users running the game from either ADF disk, are advised to use any default, non-expanded configuration (A500, A600, A1200 e.t.c.) OR have at least:
- “Cycle-exact (full)” option selected (Chipset tab)
- “Cycle-exact CPU emulation speed” set at 4x (a1200) or lower (CPU and FPU tab)
- “Floppy drive emulation speed” set at 100% (Floppy drives tab).
The CD32 version should run on any stock console. In addition, the game should run on expanded consoles, such as those containing an SX32 or SX-1 board.
- Version 1.0 for HDD equipped Amigas (LHA)
- Version 1.0 for CD32 (ISO)
- Version 1.0 for Floppy Disk Amigas (ADF in Zip archive)
- Timewarp/Rainbow Arts and everyone involved for the original game
- Galahad and Scoopex for the ADF edition of the game and intro
- LisVanPiece for the splash screen
- Harry & Psygore for Whdload slave, Welp for WHDload
- All involved with the testing of this game and everyone else for their support
- Black Forest Games for it’s permission to use the Giana name and DS assets
Black Forest carries the torch of Armin Gessert’s legacy with fantastic new Giana titles like: