>New Retro Arcade is a tech demo built for Virtual Reality , specifically Oculus VR(c).
Within this Arcade you can experience, play and enjoy your own personal little slice of 80’s retro life.The Arcade is built using Unreal Engine 4 as a learning experience for this powerful game engine.
Although it is built for VR, non-VR enthusiasts may also play this demo as a way of seeing what we can achieve in a short amount of time on UE4.
NewRetroArcade also works as a MAME , SNES, NES, Genesis and Gameboy emulation front-end.
– MAME powered Arcade Machine emulation! (80’s and early 90’s titles)
– Playable SNES with controller and games.
– Single game retro emulation mode.
– Streamed internet radio with selectable retro stations.
– Strong use of Substance Designer (http://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-designer) and high quality custom assets.
– Playable Gameboys. (Now with sound)
– Ten-pin bowling alley, Basketball machines and working Dartboard.
– Cassette tapes with popular classic and retro style music.
– Customise the Arcade to add your own games and ROMs!
Keyboard/Mouse Xbox Controller
Move – W,A,S,D – Left Analogue Stick
Look – Mouse Control – Right Analogue Stick
Zoom – Middle Mouse – Right Stick Click
Use/Activate – E – X Button
Throw/Drop – Left Mouse Button – Right Trigger
Jump – Space – A Button
Crouch – Control – B Button
Toggle Flashlight – F – Y Button
Toggle FPS – G – Left Bumper
VR Reset – V, F12 – Right Bumper
Movement – W,A,S,D – Left Analogue Stick
Start Button – Enter – Start
Select Button – Shift – Back (Inserts Coin on MAME!)
A Button – Space – A Button
B Button – Control – B Button
X Button – E – X Button
Y Button – F – Y Button
Trigger L – R – Left Trigger
Trigger R – V – Right Trigger
Stop Playing – Just turn away from the machine, or (START + BACK key) when Arcade Detach is enabled in launcher.
1. Go into the Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/ folder and install the UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe.
2. The launcher itself will require the latest .Net framework. This is supplied as standard in Windows 7 and above.
3. Launch the NewRetroArcade.exe launcher tool.
4. Select your chosen settings and play when ready.
5. Before moving around, sit a proper distance from your VR tracking camera and press the VR Reset button to place your head in the proper position.
6. Have fun!
Q – Why are the Arcade machines so close or far away from my face when in VR?
A – You need to sit the proper distance away from your VR tracking camera and press the reset button (V, F12 or XB Right Button).
Q – Why does the floating ‘FPS’ text not go away?
A – You NEED 75fps to play the demo properly in VR. We suggest lowering the settings until the text has gone away by itself.
Q – Why did you guys make this?
A – NewRetroArcade was created as a way for our development team to learn how to use Unreal Engine 4.
Q – Will Multi-player ever be supported?
A – We have no plans to fully support this game in the future, but that’s not to say we won’t add more to it and look into multiplayer in the future.
Q – Does the game come with the ROMs?
A – NO. This will not ship with ANY ROMs whatsoever. You can download a game-pack from here: http://digitalcybercherries.com/newretroarcade/newretroarcade_roms.html
Q – Can I choose my own ROMs?
A – You use the Arcade Builder in the launcher to customise the entire arcade. Add your own art, colours and ROM’s.
Q – Can I stream my own music?
A – You can again, use the Arcade Builder to add your own tracks!
Q – Will NewRetroArcade ever be open source?
A – NO & Yes, we have plans to release the source to a few classes and systems that we created, especially ones for getting internet streaming and emulation in UE4.
Q – How do I get off the arcade machine?
A – Just turn away from the machine, or (START + BACK key) when Arcade Detach is enabled in the launcher.
Q – Are there any secrets to find?
A – Yes, 3 of them. Good luck getting more than 2!
OS: Windows® 7 64-bit / Vista 64-bit / XP 32/64
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
Hardware: Mouse & Keyboard / Xbox 360 Controller
Other : Internet Connection (Needed for first run to download ROMs, needed all the time to stream internet music)
1. NewRetroArcade is a free, non commercial tech demo (referred to as “Software”) for the Oculus VR© based on Epic’s Unreal© Engine 4.
associated with the Software.
these terms, you must not use the software, and must remove and delete or destroy any copy of the software in your possession.
4. DIGITAL CYBERCHERRIES does not and cannot warrant the performance or results you may obtain by using the software or documentation.
5. No person or company may charge a fee for the distribution of the Software.
6. Unless otherwise noted, the example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted in the Software are fictitious
and no association with any real company, organization, product, person or event is intended or should be inferred.
Complying with all applicable copyright laws is the responsibility of the user.
7. All of the trademarks, service marks, brand and trade names and logos appearing in the Software which are the proprietary
intellectual property of the owners of such marks.
8. In the event that you are the owner of the copyright in any of the material of this Software and do not consent to the use of
your material in accordance with the terms and conditions of use of this Software, please contact DIGITAL CYBERCHERRIES which
will withdraw your material from the Software forthwith on receipt of your written objection and proof of ownership of the aforementioned material.
1. BASS Sound Library – http://www.un4seen.com/
Copyright © 1999-2013 Un4seen Developments Ltd. All rights reserved.
2. Gearboy – https://github.com/drhelius/Gearboy
Copyright © 2012 by Ignacio Sanchez
3. LibRetro – http://www.libretro.com/
(MAME, bNES and bSNES)
Special thanks to Niky Nine and Absolute Valentine for their fantastic tunes!
Check out their music here:
Also thanks to DriveRaidio.be for their great internet radio station!
NewRetroArcade uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc.
Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – 2014, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
Also, feel free to follow us and suggest any new features or contact us at https://www.facebook.com/DigitalCybercherries
NewRetroArcade (©2014 DIGITAL CYBERCHERRIES)