Last updated on September 23rd, 2023 at 09:35 am
This was like a MiA project, missing in action, Wonderboy for Commodore Amiga, but now someone is trying to repair this wrong past…
Wonder Boy is a classic arcade game that has been ported to various platforms like Commodore64, now including the Commodore Amiga.
Commodore 64 Version
– The Commodore 64 version of Wonder Boy is a very playable conversion from Activision.
– The game looks and plays much like its coin-op brother, and the graphics are well-drawn.
– The music is good, but the C64 version easily has the best music of any version of the game.
– The backgrounds are well-drawn, and the enemy sprites are sharp and good-looking.
– The C64 version is an excellent example of the game, being playful and jubilant.
– The Amiga version of Wonder Boy by Acid Bottle is a faithful port of the arcade game.
– The graphics are colorful and detailed, with well-drawn backgrounds and sprites.
– The music and sound effects are well-done, and the game runs smoothly.
– The Amiga version is a great way to experience the classic arcade game on a home computer.
– There is a rather different looking version of the C64 Wonder Boy that was discussed on the Lemon 64 forum.
– Wonder Boy III/Dragon’s Curse is an excellent arcade RPG that represents excellent value for money.
Wonder Boy is a classic arcade game that has been well-received on various platforms, including the Commodore 64 and Amiga. The C64 version is a very playable conversion that looks and plays much like its coin-op brother, while the Amiga version is a faithful port of the arcade game. The game features well-drawn graphics, good music and sound effects, and fast-paced gameplay. If you’re a fan of classic arcade games, Wonder Boy is definitely worth checking out.
An Amiga with at least 1MB Chip and 1MB of either chip, fast or slow ram.
Any cpu at running at 14MHz or better (fast ram and harddrive highly recommend)
(WinUAE tests show it will run on OCS, 68000 cpu, with some slowdowns).
Also works with an emulator such as WinUAE.
WHDLoad Install available from whdload.de
* Added CD32 image file *
Tweaks to bosses, improved collision detection and minor change to animations.
Tweaks to enemy and obstacle collision detection.
Tweak to egg collision, does not bump quite as far.
Fixed ESC bonus activating after continue screen.
Added confirmation before QUIT.
Another Wonderboy’s Version
AmigaWave Facebook group and then shared by Per Ola Eriksson and Zbigniew ‘Saberman’ Zieliński. Wonderboy is developed by Javier Alcaniz.
A Pre Alpha Demo is already available.