Last updated on November 29th, 2023 at 09:22 am
Starquake is a classic arcade adventure game by Merlin Software that was released in the mid-80s for various platforms, including the Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, and Amstrad CPC.
- The game follows B.L.O.B. (Bio-Logically Operated Being) who crash lands his ship on an unknown world and must find the scattered pieces of the planet’s core while avoiding the hostile inhabitants
- The game features 512 screens arranged in a 16×32 pattern, with a teleport system that allows the player to move between screens
- Graphics and music are well-regarded, with superlative graphics and excellent sound design
- Puzzles are clever and provide a sense of achievement as the player progresses[
- Game’s controls are intuitive, making it easy to pick up and play.
- The game has received positive reviews for its fun gameplay, great graphics and sound, and originality
- Game’s sheer size and exploration elements make it a great choice for fans of the genre